FIDA Con 2020 Advisory 3
A joint meeting of the FIDA International Exco and FIDACon2020 Planning Committee was held on Saturday the 31st of October 2020, pursuant to communication received from the Convention Technical Team (CTT).
The CTT upon its review of the draft agenda for the Convention had advised that the 4 week timeframe left would be grossly inadequate to put in place the necessary arrangements for a seamless convention of the magnitude planned, given the challenges of technology, among other factors.
Following the CTT’s advice regarding the ideal minimum timeframe, it was resolved as follows;
A. New Dates – The Convention is rescheduled to *February 15 – 17, 2021*. The 37th FIDA Convention will therefore hold as *FIDACon2021*.
The Planning Committee will continue with finalising the arrangements for the Convention and further Advisories will be issued as shall be necessary.
1. *Early Bird Registration for Members remains $50 and is extended to December 14, 2020*.
2. Regular Registration for Members from December 15 2020 to the Convention Date will now be at a fee of *$80*.
3. *Non-Members Early Bird Registration is now fixed at USD 75 and Regular Registration at $100*.
3. Convention Patrons (including male lawyers) – $100
4. Student rates remain unchanged at $25 flat.
C. Details of the programme will be announced in due course. The Convention logo will also be shared, so that members can start publicising the Convention.
D. A FIDA fundraising initiative: – A Dollar – A Day has been launched. *It runs from November 1, 2020 to February 8, 2021*. The intention is for each FIDA Member to raise $100 by putting aside one dollar (S1.00) every day in this period. The funds will be applied towards the Convention. The President appeals that members embrace and support this worthy cause in the true FIDA spirit.
Thank you and best regards,